How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10: First of all thanks for landing this article, If you were searching for “How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10” then we must say you are on the right place So We are listing Many Methods by which you can easily Find Mac Address On Windows 10. Discover your computer’s unique MAC address so you can use it in your router settings. Here’s How to Find Lost Android Phone Even When It’s On Silent Mode
How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10
If your computer has an internal wireless card, you’ll have to use the operating system to find the MAC address. Windows 7, 8, and 10. This article describes how to locate the Media Access Control (MAC) Address on a Windows or Mac computer. Instructions differ slightly based on which version you are using in your PC/Laptop.
This post on “How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10” contains Below Topic:
- MAC Address consists of two parts?
- What Is Media Access Control (MAC) Address?
- Why you need to know your computer’s MAC address.
- How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10
What Is Media Access Control (MAC) Address?
Mac Address is the unique ID assigned to your network adapter for the network communications channels over the data link Layer here are a number of situations when you need to find your network card’s MAC address in Windows 10. Without a Mac address the protocols won’t be able to identify your system.
MAC Address consists of two parts:-
The OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier) part which is used to identify a Vendor and the UAA (Universally Administered Address) part which is also called as the Serial number.
Why you need to know your computer’s MAC address.
Finding Mac Address in Windows is useful and necessary for several reasons.
- The systems administrator of your office network may want it for DHCP reservation.
- Also, sometimes when troubleshooting computer networking issues, you may need to locate the computer’s (MAC) address.
- You may have enabled MAC Filtering in your wireless router and want to add the MAC address of your PC to the access list.
- You may want to block a particular Windows 10 PC from accessing your network on the basis of MAC address.
- If you want to connect a printer, identify your device in a vast home or office network, do online or LAN gaming, or do any kind of shared activity, you will need to find your Mac address and share or give it to the system.
This is why you need to read about this tutorial on “How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10″
How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10
In this article you get to know, how to find mac address of your computer system. The MAC address is an acronym for a “media access control”. In case you need to find out the Mac Address of your PC or Mac, find below the steps For How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10 and Mac Both computers.
1) Find Mac Address Using Command Prompt:
1) First Of All, Go to your desktop.
2) Now In the search box, type cmd (Win + S). Or type “Launch Command Prompt” in Cortana’s search field Or Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt from the menu.
3) At the Command Prompt, type ‘getmac /v /fo list’ then click Enter.
4) Find your adapter’s physical address. Scroll down to your network adapter and look for the values next to “Physical Address,” which is your MAC address.
2) Find MAC Address in Settings:
You can find the MAC address in Windows 10 using the Settings app. It can be done for an Ethernet adapter if you have one installed.
1) First Of All, Open the Settings app using the Start menu in Windows 10.
2) Now Goto Network & Internet
3) And Click On Ethernet (if you need to find the MAC Address of your Ethernet adapter)
3) Click on the network name to See its properties.
4) Scroll down Your Physical Address (MAC Address) will be listed towards the bottom.
3) Find MAC Address using PowerShell:
1) First Of All, Open PowerShell in Windows 10 by using search & press Enter to run it.
2) After Open PowerShell, Just type ” get-netadapter “
3) That’s it, Now look for the values next to “Physical Address,” which is your MAC address.
4) Find your public IP address if you use a router:
There is a super-fast way to find out your public IP if you’re behind a router.
1) First Of All, Open Any Web Browser On Your MAC.
2) Then Type ‘whatismyipaddress’ into the address bar Of Your Web Browser.
3) Thats It Now look for the values next to “Public IP Address ” which is your Public IP MAC address.
5) Use the Network and Sharing Center in Windows
another way to find the MAC address is by opening the Network Connection Details window for the network adapter that interests you, from the Network and Sharing Centre.
- open the Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, go to the “View your active networks” section on the top-right.
- There you will see the name of each active connection and, on the the right, several properties of that connection.
- Look for the line named Connections.
- This line will have the value Ethernet if you are using a wired network connection or Wi-Fi followed by the name of the network you are connected to, if you are using a wireless network connection.
- Click on the link near Connections.
- The Status window for your network adapter is now displayed. Click or tap the Details button.
- The Network Connection Details window is displayed.
Here you can see extensive details about your network connection, including the IP address, DHCP server address, DNS server address and more. The MAC address is displayed in the Physical Address line highlighted in the screenshot below.
So use above steps you are able to “How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10” If you are facing any issue for How To Find Mac Address On Windows 10 then comment below and we will try to resolve your query.
Do Share This Trick with your Friends and help them also. Subscribe to our Push Notification to get instant Notification of all Offers and Tricks
Join CryptoCurrency Related Facebook Group Click here to Join
Join Tricks By STG Facebook Group Click here to Join
Post Your Tricks and Offers/deals in Tricks By STG Forum and Earn Paytm Cash - Click Here to Join