What is Akamai NetSession Interface – You can Find All details related to Akamai NetSession Interface Here. Akamai NetSession Safe or Not, How to uninstall Akamai NetSession, What is Akamai NetSession client and many more things related to Akamai NetSession.
Akamai is a company that has lots of servers all over the world. Many very popular web-sites use Akamai servers for offering audio/video content to users. When you watch or listen to audio/video streams from a CDN like Akamai, you usually do it from a server that is the nearest to you. Here’s How to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem
Akamai NetSession is a p2p technology. This means that you get media content not only from Akamai servers, but also from other users like you. Not only you get this content, but also share it with other users. This sharing is mutually beneficial.
Akamai NetSession may help you to watch videos and listen to audio streams more quickly and smoothly. It makes sense to remove it if you have problems with it. here’s How to Fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error
What is Akamai NetSession Interface
The Akamai NetSession Interface is a secure application that may be installed on your computer to improve the speed, reliability, and efficiency for application, data and media downloads and video streams from the Internet. It is used by many software and media publishers to deliver files or streams to you. Here’s How to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error
If the software or media publisher uses the feature and if you enable it, NetSession can also use a small amount of your upload bandwidth to enable other users of the NetSession Interface to download pieces of the publisher’s content from your computer. The NetSession Interface runs in the background and uses a negligible amount of your computer resources or upload bandwidth when you are not actively downloading content. Here’s How to Fix Err_Connection_Refused Error
This post on Akamai netsession contains Below Topic Also
- What is Akamai NetSession interface used for?
- What is Akamai used for?
- What is Netsession_win EXE?
- What is the Bonjour service?
Is Akamai NetSession Interface Safe?
The Akamai NetSession Interface is a secure application that may be installed on your computer to improve the speed, reliability, and efficiency for downloads and streams from the Internet. It is used by many software and media publishers to deliver files or streams to you.
The information that Akamai does capture is similar to a web server and that information is utilized for troubleshooting and network performance monitoring only.” That means that NetSession continually sends information about your computer to Akamai.
They say that NetSession will only use your computer when it is “idle or utilizing minimal network resources.” That means that NetSession is constantly monitoring your network use, and sending that information to Akamai. And since bandwidth usage varies from second to second, that info must be sent up to Akamai a lot. Wait a minute, didn’t they just say they only captured the sort of info that web servers capture? Web servers don’t capture info on bandwidth use. What other information does Akamai capture? I could not find any specifics on their site.
So if you install NetSession, you will be joining a peer-to-peer network, and allowing Akamai to deliver files from your computer at times when Akamai deems you to be utilizing your bandwidth minimally.
I also have a security concern about the files I am receiving from NetSession. It seems like it would not be difficult to download a file using NetSession, modify it to carry a virus payload, and then leave that computer idle, and wait for NetSession to transmit the infected file to other NetSession users. I would hope that Akamai has taken steps to address this concern, but I can’t find any information on that.
How to Check if your PC have Akamai NetSession
To check if your PC/Laptop have preinstalled Akamai Netsession client just open Task Bar and Goto Processes and check for netsession_win.exe.
The Akamai NetSession Client is a tool that claims to have only one job – capture information from an installed computer and use that information for troubleshooting and network performance monitoring purposes.
This basically means that while Akamai NetSession Client is installed on your computer, it constantly sends information about your computer to Akamai servers. In addition, if that wasn’t shady enough, Akamai also uses the idle bandwidth (the portion of your internet connection that you are not using at any given time) on computers that the NetSession Client is installed on to upload files and data to other Akamai users.
How to stop Akamai NetSession temporarily?
Yes. But if you do, please note that any currently NetSession downloading or streaming will be interrupted until you restart the service or restart your computer. To temporarily stop NetSession:
- Run the Control Panel/System Preferences interface as described above.
- Select the Preferences tab
- Under Service, click the Stop button.
The button will change to “Start,” and you can click the Start button to restart the service at any time. The service automatically starts up again when you reboot or restart your machine.
How to uninstall Akamai NetSession?
Before you uninstall, consider that if you do not have a serious need to uninstall the service, it may be better not to, since other downloads or streams may later require NetSession.
Also, the Akamai NetSession Interface is a shared network library that may be used by multiple applications. It will uninstall correctly only when other applications using the interface are uninstalled. Other applications may not perform correctly if they look for but do not find the NetSession Interface.
If you do decide to uninstall this service, you will delete files downloaded to the NetSession cache folder. If you don’t want to delete those files, copy or move them to a different folder before you uninstall. Normally, you will find the downloaded files on On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Akamai or, On Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Akamai or, On Macintosh OS X: /Users/<user name>/Applications/Akamai
How to uninstall Akamai NetSession Interface in Windows
- In the Windows Control Panel, run Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Akamai NetSession Interface
- Click Change/Remove, then click Yes to confirm your choice.
If this method does not work you can try below method
- Select Command Prompt from the Start menu, or select Run on the Start menu, type “cmd” into the Open text box, then click OK.
- Go to the NetSession installation folder. This is the same location as described above (i.e., the location of the Cache folder).
- Type the command:
- admintool.exe uninstall -force
- Press the Enter key to complete the task.
How to uninstall Akamai NetSession Interface in Mac
- Use the Finder to go to the NetSession Interface installation folder, which is normally ~/Applications/Akamai/,
- Double-click the uninstaller app and confirm your decision.
If these preferred methods do not work for some reason, you can try the following alternative.
- In the Application -> Utilities folder, double-left click Terminal.
- Go to the Akamai NetSession Interface installation folder, which is normally ~/Applications/Akamai/.
- Type the command
- ./admintool uninstall -force
- Press the Enter (Return) key to complete the task.
Another alternative method on Mac OS in case the above fails, for example, due to corrupted or missing admintool:
- In the Application -> Utilities folder, double-left click Terminal.2.
- Go to the Akamai NetSession Interface installation folder, which is normally ~/Applications/Akamai/.
- Type the following lines, and after typing each line, press the Enter
- (Return) key to complete the command:
- launchctl unload ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.akamai.client.plist
- rm -rf ~/Applications/Akamai
- rm -rf ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.akamai.single-user-client.plist
- rm -rf ~/Library/PreferencePanes/AkamaiNetSession.prefPane
- If the NetSession client isn’t stopped when you have gone through these steps, restart your computer to complete the operation.
How to check if a NetSession component file is really from Akamai
- Go to the NetSession installation folder, which is normally either
- C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Akamai (on newer versions of Windows) or
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Akamai (on older versions of Windows).
- Right-click the component file in question and choose Properties from the menu that appears.
- Select the Digital Signatures tab and check that there is listed a signature from “Akamai NetSession Client, Akamai Technologies, Inc.” and that the signature is marked as OK.
On Mac OS X:
- In the Applications -> Utilities folder, double-click Terminal.
- Go to the NetSession installation folder, which is normally
- “~/Applications/Akamai/” by entering the command
- cd ~/Applications/Akamai
- Check if the component file in question has a valid signature. For example, let’s check netsession_mac. Enter command:
- codesign -vvR ‘= anchor trusted’ netsession_mac
- Check that the command provided output similar to the following:
- netsession_mac: valid on disk
- netsession_mac: satisfies its Designated Requirement
- netsession_mac: explicit requirement satisfied
- Check if the component file has been released by Akamai. Enter command:
- codesign -dvv netsession_mac 2>&1 | grep ^Authority | head -n 1
- Check that the command provided output similar to the following: Authority=Akamai NetSession Client, Akamai Technologies, Inc.
What is Netsession_win EXE?
netsession_win.exe file is a software component of Akamai NetSession Client by Akamai Technologies.
Netsession_win.exe is an executable file that launches the Akamai NetSession Interface, a utility tool that offers faster and more reliable downloads. DLL files store data, code and resources needed by one or more programs in order to function correctly. This is not a critical Windows component and should be removed if known to cause problems.
If I uninstall the Akamai NetSession Interface will my Autodesk product still run?
The Akamai NetSession Interface is used in the downloading of Autodesk software over the internet. It is used for both the Install Now and Download Now install methods, but not the Browser Download method. You can safely uninstall the Akamai NetSession Interface after you install and use your Autodesk product.
So these are All details related to Akamai NetSession Interface Here. Akamai NetSession Safe or Not, How to uninstall Akamai NetSession, What is Akamai NetSession client.
Join Our TeleGram Channel - Join Here
Like TricksBySTG Facebook Page - Like Here
Join Tricks By STG Facebook Group - Click here to Join
Subscribe to TricksBySTG Youtube Channel - Subscribe Now
Join Best CryptoCurrency Related Facebook Group - Click here to Join
Subscribe to our Push Notification to get instant Notification of all Offers & Tricks